The Dato DUO is designed to have fun making music, together! While one player plays a melody on the sequencer side, the other creates its sound and adds percussion on the synthesizer side. By carefully controlling the possible parameters, we designed the DUO so you can’t do anything wrong. The result may be as clean or noisy as you want it to be, but it’ll never be out of tune. If you want to know how it sounds watch our video again – we recorded the soundtrack directly from the output of one Dato DUO.
• 2 oscillators: 1 pulse (variable width) and 1 sawtooth
• Digital low pass filter with resonance
• Amp envelope (note length and release time)
• Sample rate reductor
• Noise-based percussion synthesizer
• 8-step circular sequencer
• Pentatonic keyboard. Two octaves
• Inputs and outputs
• Audio out capable of driving headphones
• Sync input and output, compatible with Korg Volca, Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators
• MIDI IN and MIDI OUT on full-size DIN connectors
• Micro USB for power and firmware update. 5V, 2A max.
• The synthesizer generates sound digitally and has a nice gritty 12-bit sound. We’re using Paul Stoffregen’s awesome Audio Library for Teensy as the basis for our synthesizer.
If you liked this, you can back their Kickstarter project HERE